Reliable, Natural Looking and Cost Effective
Usually the best solution for permanently replacing one or more teeth, Dental Implants are designed to completely replace your old tooth – at both a root and crown level.
The dental implant procedure involves relatively minor surgery to implant a synthetic ‘tooth root’ into the jaw bone. Made from extremely strong, durable and biocompatible titanium, the implant gradually integrates with the bone tissue, creating a secure and permanent foundation for an abutment onto which a bespoke dental restoration can be placed.
As well as providing full function and a completely lifelike tooth restoration, dental implants also support your jaw bone structure, preventing the ageing ‘shrinkage’ that occurs when missing teeth are left untreated. well as providing full function and a completely lifelike tooth restoration, dental implants also support your jaw bone structure, preventing the ageing ‘shrinkage’ that occurs when missing teeth are left untreated.
Your new teeth will look and feel natural, not only replacing the visible parts of the teeth, but also the root as well, allowing you to live, laugh and enjoy life with total confidence.
Replacing a single tooth
If a single tooth has been lost due to an accident a dental implant can provide a reliable long-term solution in many cases. This treatment does not require any cutting of the adjacent teeth – such as would be the case with a traditional bridge.
Replacing multiple teeth
Dental implants can also be used to support multiple teeth. This usually involves the placement of two implants, which are used to support a fixed bridge.
As an alternative to a denture, it is possible to replace all upper or lower teeth using just a few dental implants. The number of implants required is dependent on the clinical assessment of each individual case.
A loose fitting denture is a common problem for thousands of people. Securing dentures with dental implants will restore chewing function and reduce irritation of the gums.
See our smile transformations with dental implants
Just look what we can achieve for your smile.
Why choose Holly Dental for your dental implant treatment?
- Free Consultations – Join us for a no obligation chat about the concerns you have with your smile and let us take the time to answer any questions or queries you may have as well as to discuss the choice of treatment options available to you.
- Highly Experienced Dentists – Dental Implants treatment is carried out by our highly experienced dentist, Dr Jonathan Kennair. With a special interest in surgically placing dental implants, Jonathan has a Master’s Degree in Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery from the University of Manchester and has completed a Diploma in Dental Implantology. His special interest in oral surgery led him to dedicate his entire career to solely performing Implant and Oral Surgery related procedures.
- Friendly, Caring Team – We promise to always greet you with a smile and do everything we can to ensure you feel comfortable and relaxed whilst you are in our care.
- 0% Finance – From just £55 a month payments for Dental Implants can be spread into affordable monthly amounts (subject to terms and conditions).
- Innovative and High-Quality Implant Systems – we are proud to restore the smiles of our patients with dental implants from Straumann®. This is because it is a highly reputable company that provides extensive evidence around the reliability, biocompatibility and performance of its systems.
Frequently asked questions:
A dental implant is a high-tech plug used to replace your tooth root. It’s surgically implanted into the jaw using state-of-the-art equipment and techniques, and is made from a super-strong, biocompatible material – usually titanium – to which your jaw bone will eventually bond. Then a prosthetic tooth can be screwed onto the implant.
Dental implants are typically engineered from titanium, a seriously strong material that is also biocompatible – which means your jawbone, in time, will fuse naturally with it.
Implants can only be considered for healthy mouths – so some patients may find that the process of getting implants will first require other dental work, such as bone grafting, gum surgery or orthodontics. Make an appointment at Holly Dental for an initial consultation to assess your suitability for implants.
Dental implant surgery is high-tech and minimally invasive. With the help of 3D scanning and a computer-guided dental laser, an implant can be placed so accurately that it involves the least possible trauma and therefore a swift recovery time. Once the implant has been placed in the jaw, you will need to wait a few weeks for the integration process to take place – this is where your natural bone tissue grows around the implant, securing it in place for life. Once integration has successfully completed, you’ll be able to return to Holly Dental for the final fitting of your new tooth.
Dental implants provide the same function, feel and look as natural teeth – so you’ll never need to compromise when it comes to eating, drinking and smiling with complete confidence. In addition, dental implants play an important role in maintaining the structure of your face: their firm position within the jawbone prevents teeth from shifting around and the jaw from shrinking – both of which cause ageing facial sagging. With dental implants, you’ll stay looking youthful for longer.
Implants can be used for a variety of purposes, replacing a single tooth, multiple teeth, or a full set of teeth. Implants can also be used to permanently anchor bridges and dentures.